2017-10-11 / Front Page

U.S. Flag disposal

A disposal ceremony is being planned for unservicable U.S. Flags. Anyone who has an unservicable U.S. Flag can contact Ray Perkins at 308-0033 or ray.perkins.0033@gmail.com or the DAR through Louise Jones at 723-4682.

When an American flag becomes worn, faded, torn or soiled, it should be retired and replaced with a new flag. There are several ways to respectfully dispose of the American flag. The most common method is burning the torn or tattered flag in a special ceremony.

Return to top